This policy was last updated on December 7, 2015.
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us in a number of ways: 1) by using the Contact Us Form or by calling our office at 410-543-8668.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
* When you order from us, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number (with expiration date) will pass through Paypal's payment gateway. We will retain a record of your purchases through Paypal.
* When you submit a question to customer service, we need your email address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question.
* We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipping provider such as USPS.* We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit ReduceMyEnergy.com. Our policy is to acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive email offers. Also, each time we send an email offer, we provide people with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future email offers.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At ReduceMyEnergy.com, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at ReduceMyEnergy.com. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your shopping bag. Without the Session ID cookie, you can't add merchandise to your bag and carry it to Checkout.
Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At ReduceMyEnergy.com, we use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our store more efficiently. We will use your information to enhance your site experience. However, you can use our site without accepting a persistent cookie. To do so, you should set your browser options to reject persistent cookies. Alternatively, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether you want to accept it or not. In many instances, the Help button on your browser toolbar will tell you how you can take these steps.
Cookies can be used by a Web site to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At ReduceMyEnergy.com, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and email address) is stored safely and separately on our secured servers.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
* To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
* For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out email and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., discount coupons or free shipping) on our site.
Do We Share Your Information?
We share the information with third parties, including responsible companies with which we have a relationship. For example:
* When you make a purchase, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including fraud prevention, vendor direct shipping and credit card authorization.
* Some of our vendors may work closely with us to create a vendor shop within the ReduceMyEnergy.com site or to ship your order directly to you. In certain instances, we may share certain information about you with that vendor (e.g., if you decide to buy their products).
* For some of our products, ReduceMyEnergy.com may provide you with a link to the supplier of that product so that you may get further information. If you link to the supplier's site, the supplier may collect or receive information about you.
In most of the above situations, these third parties will receive your information because you will be visiting their Web sites or using their links and, in doing so, you may provide information directly to them. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
ReduceMyEnergy.com also may share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for ReduceMyEnergy.com. For example, we may retain an outside company to manage a database containing certain customer information or to create and distribute an email offering. In those situations, the outside party is performing work for ReduceMyEnergy.com, and ReduceMyEnergy.com takes appropriate steps designed to ensure your information is used only to provide the services requested by ReduceMyEnergy.com, and not for other purposes.
Additionally, ReduceMyEnergy.com may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
And in the event that some or all of the business assets of ReduceMyEnergy.com are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information about our customers.
Finally, we also may provide you with the opportunity to sign up on our Web site to receive email offers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the
Use of Your Information?
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information.
If you do not want to receive email from ReduceMyEnergy.com and/or do not want us to share your information with unrelated third parties for marketing purposes, please submit a request electronically by doing the following:
To change your privacy options via email:
* Send an email to sales@ReduceMyEnergy.com using the subject line state: "Please do not send me email" or "Keep my email address private"
Or, to opt-out of email, you can click on the unsubscribe link and hit send at the bottom of any ReduceMyEnergy.com email communication.
Note: Once you have submitted your request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
If you prefer to, you may contact us of your request via our contact form. Again, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to process your removal.
Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes 3-4 months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.
You also may use the address and phone number above to request that we not disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties for marketing purposes. If you choose to write to us, please include your name, address and credit card account number (if you have one) and state "NO THIRD PARTY SHARING" in your request.
Can I Access My Information?
* If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online in Account.
* If you would like to email our Customer Service Department, please visit our Contact Us page and email us your questions or concerns.
* Questions regarding your charge account may be forwarded to our Customer Service Department. Please use the Contact Us Form and supply the appropriate subject line in the subject field.
Is My Information Secure?
ReduceMyEnergy.com is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Private account and customer information is located on a secured server behind a firewall; it is not directly connected to the Internet.
Encryption is a process by which a message or information is scrambled while it is in transit to Paypal through ReduceMyEnergy.com. It is based on a key that has two different parts, public and private. The public part of the key is distributed to those with whom you want to communicate. The private part is for the recipient's use only. So long as you use a browser that allows for encryption, when you send personal information to us, you use a public key to encrypt your personal information. If your information is intercepted during the transmission, it is scrambled and very difficult to decrypt. Once we receive your encrypted personal information, we use the private part of our key to decode it.
Thank you for shopping with ReduceMyEnergy.com. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please visit Contact Us and send us an email with your concerns or questions.